Community Service Projects
2015-2016 Service Projects Include:
- Habitat for Humanity - Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit, Christian ministry which builds simple, decent, and affordable homes in partnership with those in need. Families purchase the houses at no profit, through interest-free loans.
- Goodfellows - The Baytown Goodfellows program spreads Christmas cheer by helping low-income families in our community provide toys for their children. Our members raise funds from the generous members of our community, order toys, and sort and distribute them to the families.The program is designated for children between the ages of 0-10.
- Unified Volleyball - Special Olympics Texas is a privately funded non-profit organization providing year-round sports training and athletic competition for 36,311 children and adults with intellectual disabilities in the Lone Star State. BJF is proud to be a part of the movement that is CHANGING LIVES in our community. We sponsor teams and volunteer to play volleyball alongside the athletes.
- Baytown Little Theater - The Baytown Little Theater is an incorporated, non-profit cultural organization. Their mission is to offer the play-going public the very best in comedy, dramatic and musical productions. BLT is an all-volunteer theater supported by the generosity of individuals, families and businesses by membership dues and by ticket sales. BLT has also been a valued supporter of Baytown Junior Forum through the years.
- Baytown Special Rodeo - The mission of the Baytown Special Rodeo Association is to provide an annual fun-filled, western themed day of activities and entertainment for mentally and/or physically challenged children and their families. BSRA strives to instill in each child a sense of community and the belief that they are special and important. Baytown Junior Forum sponsors a booth every year and our members thoroughly enjoy interacting with the children.
- Emma's Hugs - The mission of Emma’s Hugs is to support families and caregivers of those in hospital settings so that they can better focus on their loved one’s recovery. This support is unbiased. Emma's Hugs actively searches out opportunities to help. Baytown Junior Forum supports them in this mission with monetary donations and delivering hugs.
- Pink Heals - Pink Heals is dedicated to helping women who are undergoing treatment for cancer regain their strength and beauty with fun, confidence building programming and events. The ladies at Baytown Junior Forum volunteer at the event doing whatever tasks are needed to support operations.
- The Promise Center - The Promise Center was created to serve Baytown's youth and families with an after school study club, art, music, exercise, and continued education for youth and adults.